KUCHING: The Old Josephians` Association (OJA) will organise a gathering on March 28 at the school`s premises along Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg here.
It will be an opportunity for ex-students to meet and re-live the good old days.
The highlight will be the launch of the La Salle Gallery, which traces the history of one of the oldest schools in Sarawak.
Established in 1970, one of OJA`s objectives was to link up old boys from same or different batches. The current committee, led by its president Datuk Dr Sim Kui Hian, is renewing efforts to engage old boys in taking a trip down memory lane.
In a meeting last month, they also planned to establish an archives-cum-museum to commemorate the contributions of the La Salle Brothers who managed and taught in the school from 1950 to 1987.
A distinctive legacy of the Brothers was the academic and sporting excellence that the school achieved during that era. Appropriately, sports will be featured on March 28. All old boys are welcomed to register at 8.15am for friendly matches against present students of the school in basketball, badminton, table tennis and futsal.